Are you ready for an upgrade to your favorite vegetable noodle?
Interested in a vegetable noodle dish with a twist? Have you experimented with vegetable noodles? Have you used the ones currently dominating the vegetable aisle in your local grocery and found there was something missing? Do they lack something magical?
Yes, they did. To be honest it’s probably the fact that it’s not ACTUAL pasta!
I can’t tell you how many times I see people posting pictures of pasta and immediately feel jealousy and hate. The carb envy is real!
Personally, I’m ultra sensitive to gluten and most grains. This eliminates them as an option unless I feel like experiencing joint pain and intense inflammation (not today Satan.) For my money, a vegetable noodle is THE healthy swap. In this weeks edition of paying it forward, I’ve delivered step-by-step vegetable noodle dish. It’s FreddieSetGo approved and promises to knock DOWN inflammation.
This weekend (after a 5-day fast) I became inspired to make my own version of a fabulous vegetable noodle dish that was gluten-free. Also, I wanted it to rival the flavors you’d find in an Italian restaurant.
An honest question? Why not apply all my knowledge of nutrition and create something that extinguishes the fire of inflammatory pathways in the human body? For this purpose, I’ll be adding:
- Organic turmeric root
- MTC oil
- Polyphenols from dried dill and oregano
- Apple cider vinegar
The outcome: Tumeric vegetable noodle smash
Let’s hit the vegetable noodle ingredient list:
Quantity serves 2 adults or 1 adult and 2 small humans or 8 cats.
Organic Zucchini Noodles ( pre-processed from whole foods or spiralize your own) 4 cups
2 large Organic carrots
3 cups of Organic Cauliflower
3 cups of Organic broccoli
1.5 cups of raw lettuce
1 Organic Haas Avocado
Organic ground Turmeric 1.5 Teaspoons
Sea Salt 1.5 Teaspoons
MTC oil 2 Teaspoons
Apple cider vinegar
Directions for your vegetable noodle upgrade:
- In a large saute pan add 4-cups of zucchini noodles (roughly 300 grams) on med-high heat, 1/2 cup of water. Add 1-Teaspoon of turmeric and sea salt. The last step is to cover and continue to stir for about 8-minutes until the noodles begin to brown.
- In a separate pot add cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots to 1/2 cup of water. Cover with a lid and bring to steam for 4-minutes. Drain and strain completely so the vegetables are completely dry (you’ll get a better consistency in your mash.) Transfer ingredients to a food processor or Vitamix (my favorite blender of choice.)
- Next add 1 cup of raw lettuce, dill, sea salt, 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of MTC oil. Process on low/medium until the veggies reach a mashed-potato consistency.
- Plate 1.5 cups of mash, top with a heaping pile of noodles and 1/2 diced avocado. Season with dill, sea salt, crushed black pepper and an extra Tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
Your vegetable noodle assignment if you choose to accept it:
Create your own Turmeric Noodle Smash and report back. Jump into the kitchen without trepidation and TRY THIS DISH. If you have a family member who suffers from arthritis, chronic pain or fibromyalgia this is an excellent dish to knock down inflammation. Everything is in there for a reason.
The apple cider vinegar is one of the highest rated natural foods for fighting inflammation and a hundred other health benefits as is referenced in the popular site Earth Clinic.
The polyphenols in the oregano and dill act as powerful antioxidants turning off genetic switches for disease and chronic conditions.
The broccoli is filled with a component called DIM or Diindolylmethane which helps metabolize excess estrogen from the body to maintain a proper balance of hormones. Most importantly it’s used for detoxification in the body from molds and fungus.
“Remember the world is crying with earthquakes, shootings, wildfires and political turmoil. Mother earth needs you at your best. Critical thinking and record cerebral response time will be achieved from broccoli, cauliflower, kale, swiss chard, carrots and wild salmon not Domino’s and Taco Bell. Choose the best possible food and drink for the best expression of yourself.