Gabe Golden makes documentary films in addition is an incredible writer and producer. He has authored six screenplays and has found creating documentary films to be an essential form of in-depth journalism necessary to communicate all aspects of a subject. Inspired by his 30-year challenge with rheumatoid arthritis, Gabe is directing “Lighting the Path,” a documentary on alternative medicine. He has also co-written and produced the award winning “Rangeland” series as well as the “Nevada Mining” series for PBS. I know being a documentary filmmaker sounds impressive enough but just wait to you guys hear Gabe’s incredible story and what amazing things are in store for his future! His heart and soul come through so clearly in this interview and it is a pleasure to hear it unfold!
Highlights of our conversation:
– 2:03 – What superhero do you align with?
– 3:01 – Gabe has a black belt at 14, then his life takes a serious turn
– 6:18 – The social impact of chronic illness as a teenager
– 9:32 – Gabe’s personal healing journey begins
– 12:40 – Gabe draws a line in the (western) sand
– 16:02 – Chronic illness has a way of humbling you
– 20:39 – A few treatments that moved the needle for Gabe
– 23:45 – The financial burden of taking your health in your hands
– 24:46 – What is microcurrent therapy?
– 25:50 – A further deep dive into treatments
– 27:50 – A primer on the lymphatic system
– 31:57 – The financial investment for these treatments
– 36:02 – Is there a difference between biological and western functional medicine?
– 41:21 – It’s time to redefine doctor
– 43:43 – Gabe puts to film all that he’s learned on his healing journey
– 47:50 – Would you trade your most painful moments for easier days?
– 49:48 – What does it mean to be beautifully broken?
Connect with Gabe:
– Support the films – https://www.goldenfilmproductions.com/about
– Preview Lighting the Path – https://www.goldenfilmproductions.com/in-production
Connect with me:
– Check out my website – https://freddiesetgo.com/
– Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/freddiesetgo/
– Read my Favs – https://freddiesetgo.com/freddies-favorites/
– Sing For Your Seniors – https://http://singforyourseniors.org
– Amp Coil – https://www.ampcoil.com
I’m Freddie Kimmel, a Functional Health Coach, Reiki Healer, Certified Personal Trainer, Gut Health Specialist, and proud cancer survivor. I help men and women eliminate brain fog, bloat and belly fat through gut health.
I’ve been featured in *The Wall Street Journal*, the Full Plate Podcast, An Excellent Example of Being Human, State of the Arts on LA talk radio and *Dance Magazine*. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts from SUNY Brockport, attended SUNY Fredonia, and graduated from the Institute of Functional Health Coaching.
I can be found in NYC living each day to its fullest and focused on creating more value then what I capture. Please stand back from the awesomeness that’s about to unfold.
– Interview: Gabe Golden
– Podcast edited and mixed by Andrew Geary – firstname.lastname@example.org