Dr. Gene Sambataro has been a leader in the field of biological dentistry for more than 35 years. Gene’s holistic approach to dentistry is rooted in an understanding of the interconnectedness of oral and whole-body health. As director and clinician of his practice – the Julian Center for Comprehensive Dentistry – Gene focuses on healing the mind, body, and spirit, with an emphasis on treating sleep-disordered breathing issues, like sleep apnea.
A published author with his acclaimed book “Stop the Snore,” Gene delves deep into the topic of sleep apnea, examining its long-term impact on health, its root causes, and how it can be treated using cutting-edge, dental care technology.
This conversation will have immediate, positive outcomes and give you some helpful takeaways for living your best life. From changing how you take care of your teeth, to how you sleep, to how you help your kids grow up healthy, this conversation will help listeners and people of all ages. Make sure to check out the resources in the show notes as well!
Highlights of our conversation:
- 2:08 – What is biological dentistry?
- 3:20 – How melanoma led Gene to second guess tooth fillings
- 6:24 – Oh crap – I have mercury fillings. What do I do?
- 9:08 – How do I get the mercury baseline in my body?
- 10:27 – What is the MTHFR gene and how does it affect my body?
- 12:47 – You can’t attack the dental profession and get away with it
- 16:15 – The actions biological dentistry takes to heal you
- 19:28 – Gene explains why he’s a “biohacking dentist”
- 22:51 – Some tips to help you wake up energized and avoid SAD
- 24:39 – Why you get poor sleep and get up to pee at night
- 29:18 – How do I know if I’m breathing well at night?
- 37:59 – How modern dentistry practices are damaging children
- 41:43 – Where do I start to address these issues?
- 48:11 – Why Gene likes the Oura Ring
- 49:16 – What does it mean to be beautifully broken?
- 50:23 – Gene’s question to inspire change
Connect with Gene:
- Visit his website – https://drgenesambataro.com/
- Follow on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/biohackingdentist/
- Read his book – https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Snore-Dental-Solutions-Healthy/dp/1599328658
- Visit the IAOMT – https://iaomt.org/
- Learn more about Joovv – https://joovv.com/
- Learn more about The Healthy Start – https://www.thehealthystart.com/
Connect with me:
- Check out my website – https://freddiesetgo.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/freddiesetgo/
- Read my Favs – https://freddiesetgo.com/freddies-favorites/
- Sing For Your Seniors – https://http://singforyourseniors.org
- Amp Coil – https://www.ampcoil.com
I’m Freddie Kimmel, a Functional Health Coach, Reiki Healer, Certified Personal Trainer, Gut Health Specialist, and proud cancer survivor. I help men and women eliminate brain fog, bloat and belly fat through gut health.
I’ve been featured in The Wall Street Journal, the Full Plate Podcast, An Excellent Example of Being Human, State of the Arts on LA talk radio and Dance Magazine. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts from SUNY Brockport, attended SUNY Fredonia, and graduated from the Institute of Functional Health Coaching.
I can be found in NYC living each day to its fullest and focused on creating more value then what I capture. Please stand back from the awesomeness that’s about to unfold.
- Interview: Gene Sambataro
- Podcast edited and mixed by Andrew Geary – firstname.lastname@example.org