Nelly Robinson began his career as a kitchen hand at the age of 14 receiving training from the legendary Nigel Hawthorne. In the last decade, he has found his footing as one of Australia’s top chef personalities. Nelly has been a competitor in the Taste of Abu Dhabi World’s Best Dish competition with 11 leading chefs from around the globe. He has designed a menu and had the honor of cooking for Queen Elizabeth II’s 90th birthday celebration at the British High Commission.
This is something we will get into today but Nel, (Nelly’s smash hit restaurant) was voted best restaurant in Australia by Timeout, and the people of Australia also awarding him the #1 best restaurant in the country.
His attention to detail, especially when it comes to guest interaction, has earned him a loyal following of international and local guests.
Highlights of our conversation:
– 2:21 – How Nelly discovered his calling
– 5:25 – Kitchen choreography
– 7:15 – Taking pride in your craft
– 8:25 – What it’s like dining at the best restaurant in Australia
– 12:30 – Dining out should be a once-in-a-lifetime, theatrical experience
– 13:36 – The sacrifice for a life in the arts
– 16:50 – Staying physically and mentally healthy in the arts
– 19:04 – Australia doesn’t believe in lyme disease?
– 27:39 – Living a positive and active life with lyme disease
– 31:43 – What does it mean to be beautifully broken?
– 33:42 – How can I become a better cook?
Connect with Nelly:
– Explore his #1 restaurant – https://nelrestaurant.com.au/
– Connect with Nelly at info [at] nelrestaurant.com.au
Connect with me:
– Check out my website – https://freddiesetgo.com/
– Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/freddiesetgo/
– Read my Favs – https://freddiesetgo.com/freddies-favorites/
– Sing For Your Seniors – https://http://singforyourseniors.org
– Amp Coil – https://www.ampcoil.com
I’m Freddie Kimmel, a Functional Health Coach, Reiki Healer, Certified Personal Trainer, Gut Health Specialist, and proud cancer survivor. I help men and women eliminate brain fog, bloat and belly fat through gut health.
I’ve been featured in *The Wall Street Journal*, the Full Plate Podcast, An Excellent Example of Being Human, State of the Arts on LA talk radio and *Dance Magazine*. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts from SUNY Brockport, attended SUNY Fredonia, and graduated from the Institute of Functional Health Coaching.
I can be found in NYC living each day to its fullest and focused on creating more value then what I capture. Please stand back from the awesomeness that’s about to unfold.
– Interview: Nelly Robinson
– Podcast edited and mixed by Andrew Geary – email@example.com